Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I dont want to say, "bye"

I don't want you to go. I don't want to cry when i think of you being away. I don't want to get sad when i think of you. I don't want to change my desktop picture at work, but i have to because looking at it will make me want to hold you. I don't want you to forget who i am. I don't want to not see you for 4 months, but Lord knows that this is better than you staying here with "Auntie". I only have 1 MORE DAY WITH HIM! Elijah i don't want you to go. I am going to miss you tremendously. The thought of dropping you off tomorrow after hanging out with Auntie makes me cry...imagine how much more im going to cry when it actually happens. Oh my!! Elijah, will you remember Auntie? I hope you do!

I know that this is all in God's sovereign hands. He is good through ALL of this and must be glorified. I don't want to make Elijah my god and love him more than our God. I pray that God would use this situation to grow me and show me my sin. Lord, help me get through this and love you more than Elijah and my selfishness.

It is almost time to say our farewells. There were a couple of times Yek said to me, "pretty soon your gonna see how i feel." He is referring to Elijah being gone. I told him that i don't want to know how it feels, but God has brought us this far, finally saying bye, for a reason. On the other hand, im excited for my sister and brother, PJ. They are finally going to reunite with their son, Lord willing on Saturday. God has given them the ability of being separated from their son for 19 days. Praise God my sister hasn't went crazy...haha she already is...j/k sis.

Well Elijah i love you very much and Lord willing i will see you in about 4 months when your little Pan Dulce, sister Key, comes out of mommy's tummy.

Elijah, I don't want to say..."bye".

2 comments:

My name is Frances said...

Awh sis, you made a pregnant woman tear up...bad Jenny. Yes remind yourself he is not God, and although you can miss him, there is so much more to life then just being apart from him. I thank God you see the eternal perspective, I have to admit at times it was hard to see and look for it. You have to look for it b/c it won't come on its own, remind yourself of God and his work. He will remember auntie and he will be excited to see you in 4 mths. If you wanna come live here, you can, haha, no mom would kill me! I love you and look forward to hearing how God has grown you through this. Love you sister, for your joy in Christ.

Joleen

jOi-C said...

Hey Jennifer, it was so nice to meet you on sunday! finally, a face behind the comments and blog hehe